Sunday 2 March 2014

Shamen - Move any mountain

MdS Training in Methyr Mawr
'I will not fail nor falter, I shall succeed, my perception is altered I do believe. Faith is so strong now nothing shall bar my way, from conviction, no fiction this is my day' - Sinnott & Angus

Well what a weekend we've had and if you are taking part in the MdS next month and you weren't with us...you certainly missed a trick. However our bumper group experienced a real baptism of fire running in the massive sunny sand dunes of Merthyr Mawr and climbing the extremely hostile Pen-Y-Fan (886 metres) on one of the most hostile of days weather that I've experienced in the Brecons. It was simply BRUTAL. How the crew from S4C managed to keep filming up there was quite remarkable as were ALL of our people who toughed it out in the driving hail and increasing wind-chill.

The best part for me on these weekends is the bonding that takes place between EVERYONE who comes along and it's great for them to know each other before they get to Gatwick.

From the feedback, we've already had...well they loved it and we loved to too. Personally, I got home and simply crashed out cold as all that mountain air is a killer...

Tomorrow's another day and I have 26 lucky CarPhone Warehouse employees to meet and choose 12 to be part of my #CPWA2A that will see them taking on a massive challenge in July.

There's never a dull day eh? Acton here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment