Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin



Lyric:- Try to find out what makes you tick - Klepaski, Fincke & Burnley

Song Choice:- This bands really new to me and what better kick ass track to sample as an entree to all things BB. Take a listen yourself.

'Finding out what makes you tick' - I do this every day and I love that aspect of my work...Yesterday was 'Tick Overload' as I was introduced to 35 would be students for this year's Dixon's Carphone Average to Awesome Campaign PLUS I coached BBC Reporter Vassos Alexander in preparation for a Sub 3 marathon and the 100km Race to the Stones.

See, I told you it was busy...

In three hours the 35 had to become 12 it's amazing that in such a small group of people that there was such a diversity of characters and sadly we couldn't take all of them as they were all such lovely people - genuinely lovely and I'm not just saying that.

The 'Lucky' and I say 'Lucky' will be told today that they are to return next week for the start of the programme and have the opportunity of a lifetime to potentially become the people they've always wanted to be.

Yikes! That sounds dramatic but it's true, just like I did back in 1994. My job now is to see how much 'Tick' they've really got in their 'Tickbox'.

As for Vassos, well he had loads of 'Tick' as you can well imagine and I'm going to really push him to a sub 3 marathon and beyond.

You can follow all of their progress right here...


No comments:

Post a Comment