Sunday 16 August 2015

Change - Tears for Fears

Lyric:- 'Became a point of view' - Orzabal

Song Choice:- Amazingly 32 years old this one and Tears for Fears first USA charting. Although Smith Vocals lead the song it's Orzabal's song writing that shines through and would be their final undoing.

Then again 'Change' affects us all and something that most of us shy away from.

The thing that highlighted this to me is the continued Cardiff parkrun too big, unsafe, it's not a race Facebook debate that's rumbling on and on and will until the day it ever gets stopped or the organisers get totally pissed off with the hundreds of 'suggestions' they get each week.

When it's not on anymore, everyone will say just how great it was and why isn't it on anymore!

But things change...I wasn't there in 1981 on the first London Marathon or 1986 for the first Marathon des Sables. I got to both in '95 and '99 respectfully when both were smaller and 'better' in my opinion. Then again I was younger, faster and hadn't gained the 'Point of View' that Smith sings about.

Whom am I to criticise such phenomenal races and give the Bedfords, Bauers and Cooks my opinions of their creations...Yet so many folk feel they can, even if they are a total beginner.

Maybe the Internet has given us the 'Review' option where anyone can have a go at anyone or anything and rate it. I know if I'd given up my Saturday Mornings since 2008 for nothing in return and earned myself a lot of free-agro, I don't think I'd still be doing it, would you?

We are very lucky, and I mean REALLY lucky and privileged to be able to take part in each other's dreams.

Change... change your outlook, change your opinion, change your life.

Rory Coleman - 919 Marathons - 235 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment