Friday 14 August 2015

F.E.A.R - ortopliot

Lyric:- Fantastic expectations, amazing revelations - McCraken, Brown & Colquhoun

Song Choice:- A great song and every line has FEAR spelt with the first letter of each word in each line and must have taken some doing, which I like.

The FEAR part is what I'm interested in for tonight's blog.

My question is, 'What are you afraid of'? It's a fair question as I'm sure if you really think about it, you are afraid of lots of things. Being a superstring alpha-male I will own up to Dogs and Confined Spaces...and if you know me, you'll know just how much both give me a highly elevated heart-rate.

I was speaking to one of my clients today whom was frightened of a race and was having panic attacks ahead of the race but couldn't understand their high heart-rate. My example of my own heart-rate going over 200 without exercise inducement would be a trip into a full body MRI scanner.

Something I never want to repeat, well conscious anyway. Fear and Stress can work against us but can also heighten our senses and increase our performance - it's a very fine line and one that needs our attention, so we get things right and not scared into failure.

Have a think yourself to where your FEAR lies. What are you frightened of, a race, your job, your future or being stuck in a rut.

Don't be the person who says I wish but was always afraid...

Don't FEAR fear...Don't be afraid!

Rory Coleman - 919 Marathons - 235 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment