Sunday 9 August 2015

High Hopes - Pink Floyd

Lyric:- Encumbered forever by desire and ambition - Gilmour

Song Choice:- One of the best and probably my fav guitar solo of Mr Gimours and High Hopes reflects well some of my most recent requests.

We live in an instant world. You see it, you want it, you get it...same day if you are an on demand Amazon Customer. Only it's not like that in the world of Mega-Distance Ultra-Marathon running.

Don't get me wrong, you can knock out as many marathons as you like, dead slow and if anything you'll be fitter at the end than when you started but say you want to run a 100 miler and that's RUN not walk and you are a complete novice, it ain't going to happen this side of Christmas.

So why do folk think it will?

Yep, you can trudge out the MdS as there's a method you can follow, my coaching method works and if you follow it you'll get the medal.

A Sub-9:30 Comrades however needs some serious training and TIME. Time to improve and serve your ULTRA-apprenticeship.

My advice is to take your time, move up the distances slowly and enjoy the experience.

You don't become a mega-distance runner overnight...it took me about four years! And 22 years later I'm still learning...

Rory Coleman - 919 Marathons - 235 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment