Tuesday 13 October 2015

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Track Choice:- 'The World is My Oyster' - O'Toole, Gill, Nash & Johnson

Why:- Well I've always loved FG2H and the Trevor Horn production is just simply magnificent. Sure the major Frankie hits all sound the same but 'The World is My Oyster' is my stand out favourite and one well worth listening to if you've forgotten it. See for yourself here . OK it looks a bit dated but it was cool at the time...

Anyway - the lyrics speak volumes to me and might do with you too. I love the 'World is My Oyster' and 'Shooting Stars Never Stop' lines and as Frankie says 'Life goes on day after day'...it does and you have to get through it and a lot of the time it isn't an easy journey I know BUT...

Remember...

'The World is YOUR Oyster'. 

It's a phrase we all know but we all seem to ignore or forget in the white noise of our everyday lives. I've spoken to a couple of clients today who are outperforming their goals but are being distracted by things that simply don't matter and are counter-productive to what they are trying to achieve both in the short and long term. 

A lot of what I teach folk isn't about running...it's more about self-sufficiency. Or more simply put, how to look after yourself, become more confident and let your self-esteem shine out.

Please let it SHINE guys!!!

The World we live in is a marvellous and juicy Oyster with the biggest brightest Pearl you could ever imagine. The thing is we lose sight of the big picture and get caught up in a world of corrosive thoughts (both ours and of those around us) which limit our horizons and imagination.


There's nothing better than being the person you've always wanted to be. That person is already in you so isn't it time to make your mark?


You tell me...

No comments:

Post a Comment