Monday 26 October 2015

Zero 7 - I have seen

Lyric:- I have seen - Philips

It always makes my ears prick up when write about a happening/experience or say they've 'read' something written by a so-called expert as I immediately wonder if the 'nugget' they are about to deliver is true. Especially when it's on my Mastermind subject the MdS 1999-2015.

The interesting part is that when I correct them or dismiss their misinformed conjecture, then my judgement and knowledge is then rather rudely questioned...My answer is always that they should respect that if I write about it, then I'm 100% right otherwise I wouldn't write it and to think of a similar scenario such as Kenton Cool giving free Everest advice having successfully climbed it 10 times including like me one expedition with Sir Ranulph. My time and advice will hopefully be taken on board by those who are willing to listen to experience and sound expert knowledge.

Luckily, I had the second day of #Smeg Average2Awesone to defuse my furrowed brow and a blow a Breath of Fresh Air into my Monday training schedule.

No arguments with these guys - 10 days in 1.1million steps bashed out, 21kgs lighter with only an appetite for information.

A trip to Fit2Run, Abingdon's leading running store meant we could work along side it's Manager Dave Parsons, a wise and seasoned marathon runner, who like me knows a good Brooks Adrenalin for an Over-Pronator in just seconds.

You see there's no replacement or fancy piece of kit that can replace good hard work, commitment and endurance.

Hopefully the Smeg folk will continue to strive for all three and bash best part of 100,000 steps a week. Their daily minimum 12,500 will nearly get them there and keep them in the A2A programme until the next session on 23/10.

If you ask them, they'll confirm that if I write it...it's true.

More tomorrow me hearties :-)

Rory Coleman - 938 Marathons - 235 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment