Friday 11 March 2016

Age of Loneliness - Enigma

The REAL Enigma Machine
Lyrics:- 'Life is crazy, Life is mad, Don't be afraid, Carly Don't be sad, That's your destiny, The only chance, Take it, take it in your hands'

Song Choice:- I'm new to Enigma and I wish I had been aware of them for many years now as the first couple of tracks on their Platinum Collection Album are outstanding, as well as this one here.

The other reason I chose this particular artist is that over 35 years ago, I was described as being an 'Enigma' by one of my then college lecturers (Yikes his lectures were drab, I used to fall asleep). I didn't take to kindly to this at the time, but I deserved it and it must have hit home as I can remember it being said to me really clearly and now I whole-heartedly agree with his comment.

You see, I didn't set out to be different or awkward or anything really, I did find art history really dull in 1980....it's just that I'm not that easy to fathom out a lot of the time and don't give out many visible signs or much verbal content about my inner-self. I do however just get on with things and don't need any kind of push or reminder on getting my 'Enigmered Arse into Gear.'

There's no need to give me a MTFU pill as you'll never know if I need it, and even if I did, I'd never ask for one.

But then I'm a bit odd, an Enigma...but that's ok as I only have myself to answer to and  blame for my own mistakes and riddles, and 35 years on, I'm quite happy being a bit different.

Are you?

Happy Days, Diolch :-)

Rory Coleman - www.RoryColeman.co.uk
968 Marathons - 240 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8101 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location:Caerdydd

No comments:

Post a Comment