Tuesday 29 March 2016

Stagnation - Genesis

Genesis in 1971
Lyric:- 'Wash away the past' - Gabriel

Song Choice:- They say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. And that's been the depth of my 'Stagnation' for about a week or so now following seven days of a tremendous weight-loss and negativity bug surrounding a bout of infant induced gastric flu. It's a tricky condition to be in for me as I just don't do illness and am well noted for battling on through, no matter what but I was f*cking miserable I can tell you.

Hitting this particular wall, this close to MdS is a bit of a choker if I'm being honest but following a personal pistol whipping, I'm now back in the room and firing on nearly all 12 cylinders (c'mon I was never going to write 4, 6 or 8 there was I!)...

Anyway, I'm feeling more like my old self, hooray you say, and I'm back putting out fires and revving up those around me to do more with their time on this planet of ours, Gabriel sings 'Wash away the past', well he did 46 years ago anyway and it's a good mantra for today and the next 10 days as I pack and ready myself for my thirteenth Marathon des Sables Adventure...

Rory Coleman - 973 Marathons - 240 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8120 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Caerdydd

No comments:

Post a Comment