Sunday 27 March 2016

Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

Lyric:- 'But listen to the colour of your dreams' - Lennon

Song Choice:- Well it's been a psychedelic week, so I thought I'd choose a psychedelic track to accompany it.

It's actually been a week recovering from a bug that nearly finished me off if I'm being honest and I was forced to tell myself to 'Man the F@@@ Up Coleman' on more than one occasion to get me through my extreme man-flu.

Anyway, no-one really cares and yes, there is well-place sympathy abound but you still have to deliver the goods - I'm sure running hundreds of marathons, alcohol addiction and a mother, kicked out of the Gestapo for being too tough, making me go to school with Russian Flu in 1979 has only fuelled my resilience (Ta Mum x).

But that's the thing, it was tough, in today's news I see teachers are not allowed to mark in red ink anymore, in case it's seen as being aggressive - yikes my secondary school teachers just battered you whether you were right OR wrong and it was all part of growing up. Don't even get me started on non-competitive sports days and walking children around in Hi-Vis Jackets on school trips.

I reckon we need to look back at 1966 sometimes, Relax and Float down stream a bit more often and listen to the colour of our dreams and get on with life without thinking that we are upsetting people's feelings.

Life's too short!

Rory Coleman - www.RoryColeman.co.uk
972 Marathons - 240 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
8117 Days' Dry

No comments:

Post a Comment