Wednesday 15 March 2017

Dance on a Volcano - Genesis

Cool Magnolias
Lyrics:- 'Out of the night and out of the dark' - Banks, Collins, Hackett & Rutherford

Song Choice:- Well I think it's time for another 'Classic Album' series of blogs and after listening to 'A Trick of the Tail' in it's entirety at the weekend, (during my track marathon), I thought I'd share it with you - It's one of my favourite Genesis albums, and ridiculously now 41 years old! Yikes, 1976 seems only like yesterday too...

Anyway, if your world is turned upside down, through no fault of your own, just like it was for Genesis back in 1975 with the 'Gabriel Departure', then you must come back stronger and hit harder right from the start if you want to regain some of your previous successes or even supersede them - sound familiar? `For Genesis, it certainly paid off...

I'm not saying that the same will happen of me and I don't think I superseded anything at the weekend myself, I just regained some self-control and saw some daylight at the end of my tunnel and came 'Out of the night and out of the dark', as the song goes.

The line I really like however is, 'The lava's the lover who licks your boots away' as that's how it's been feeling for me for so many months now after having my feet feeling like they were on fire with the GBS but not with normal flames but with molten-super-white-hot-lava. Some lover eh?

But do you know what? It would be dead easy to become a victim of all of that pain and just give into life and the cards that you're dealt but sometimes you have to put your cards on the table and be able to read your own future in them. A place where there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's safe to walk on the cracks in the pavement, because at the end of the day life's far too short and it's better to have fought than not to have fought at all.


How bright is your future? Is it Lava-ly?


Rory Coleman - 986 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables

9 Guinness World Records - 8,470 Days' Alcohol Free
1 Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Cardiff, Wales



No comments:

Post a Comment