Thursday 23 March 2017

Ordinary World - Duran Duran

Lyric:- 'There's an ordinary world, somehow I have to find' - Le Bon, Bates, Taylor & Cuccurullo

Song Choice:- I wrote that I'd use 'Ordinary World' for today's blog whilst I was on the train to London yesterday morning. No-one could have predicted the day's events and I'm not here to add any further white noise to the terror that now accompanies our everyday lives in our otherwise very 'Ordinary World'... I will of course 'Cry for Yesterday' as Le Bon sings, for all of those that were killed, injured or affected by those actions as sadly their world's will never be 'Ordinary' again after simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You see we think we live in a safe-world, a safe-place where things just carry on as normal - The thing is, it can turn upside down in a milli-second.

So be careful out there and make the most of every moment you have, as life is a very precious gift.

Amen.

Rory Coleman - 986 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,478 Days' Alcohol Free
1 Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment