Saturday 5 January 2013

19 - Paul Hardcastle

I opened my Birthday Card this morning - sent to me ,by ME, to congratulate my 19 years of alcohol abstinence. My 6939 day record (don't think that there was a leap-day in 2000) is something that I'm really proud of and I'm a long way on from where I was on that 5th of January 1994.

To celebrate I went on a very similar style run to the one I did on my very first day of fitness. It was a poignant celebration and at just 2.24 miles it reminded me of that first ever run. That night, I went out wearing my winter coat, over my day clothes and my leather work shoes... in contracts to tonight's sports kit and high mileage-trainers.

What I can say is that the satisfaction from both runs, 19 years apart, was just the same and hopefully it will stay that way for another 19...

I'm so glad I went for that run...

No comments:

Post a Comment