Thursday 31 January 2013

Destination Anywhere - The Commitments


'Commitment to Task' - it cropped up a lot today during my training and training calls. In the past, I've been guilty of not preparing and not researching the task in hand. I remember going to the Desert Cup in Jordan in 1999 without really thinking about how I was going to keep warm during the night on a 100+ mile race in desert and in the mountains around Petra...and I really paid for it. A couple of thermal tops and a safety blanket just doesn't cut the mustard when its -15 degrees with the wind-chill.

With that experience in mind, I went back the following year with a 'Duck Down Filled Jacket'.

The thing I am finding myself asking my people is just how 'Committed' they are to their fitness goal...and guess what, the response is a complete spectrum of replies.

If you asked me, my answer now is a clear 100%...that's 100% to fitness and it has been since 1994 but also to what to expect and what to take to any event that I have planned to do. Presently, I'm looking for a UTMB expert to get me prepped and ready for the race.

How committed are you? What are you doing to make sure you reach your goal?




No comments:

Post a Comment