Thursday 3 January 2013

Skin - Rihanna


After a couple of days enforced rest with 'Extreme Nipple Damage' due to running in the gym in my cheese-grater 'Woolwich Foot Tunnel T-shirt, (which is only marginally less painful than childbirth I believe), I was back out on the Penarth 8 giving it my best shot.

It's a tough Tempo-Run for me and, following a disappointing run just before the New Year, I knew it was time to get a good run in and smash a few running demons.

Using the Saucony Mirage 2 for this run really helped me keep up on my toes and the continued thought of beating my time on 'Mapmyrun' and my own hill climb PB to beat - I really had a go at the hill back up from the Pier at Penarth uphill to the town centre.

Dodging the pedestrians and keeping off the wet slabs as the Mirage are like running in slicks, I managed a couple of minutes off my previous time and its good mental preparation for my next ultra, the 45 mile 'The Country to Capital', next weekend. I now feel quite strong and confident about my running.

Let's hope my new found confidence continues, and today's run is here...

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment