Monday 4 November 2013

Sonnet - The Verve


'Looking at the heavens with a tear in my eye' - Ashcroft

What a difference 24 hours makes and Cardiff morphed from the wettest, worst place ever yesterday into the sunniest, brightest day imaginable this morning; which luckily continued all day long.

It was a good job too as I had MdS14 Wannabe, Chrissie Bucklebee from Brighton with me for a day of Marathon des Sables race theory and marathon running. And a splendid day we had together too as it was hard to think that we were running on such a wonderfully sunny day in November.

On days like today, it makes you glad to be alive and makes me realise that I'm extremely lucky to do this as my job. It sure as hell beats working in an office!

Best part of the run was around Penarth, one of my favourite latter day haunts with it's renovated sea-front, which is a pure gem of route to run. Hopefully Chrissie enjoyed her day of coaching with me as much as I did and I'm sure she's going to go on and have a great MdS.

How can I follow that you ask? Well, with a bit of a day off perhaps and a few weights tomorrow pm now my arms have some feeling back in them.

More then...

No comments:

Post a Comment