Monday 18 November 2013

Russell Watson - Race to the End


'Whenever the running man awakes, to challenge to glory' - Especially for Ted Jackson
I've had a great weekend of Marathon des Sables training with MdS 14 Wannabes, Sarah Morris and Ted Jackson. Two very different athletes with one common goal of getting that coveted Desert Medal, next April.

I really enjoyed both days of running 26.2 miles and it's always fascinating to get an insight into someone else's world and understand just what makes then tick and why they want to go to their limits of human endurance.

It makes me proud to know that I can teach them so much about the journey, they are undertaking. All good fun and as ever there were some priceless moments along the way ranging from three year old quad-bikers being egged on by deranged parents on Saturday to Lay-by Closet Bagpipe players trying out new reeds on Sunday (both near Barry). 

You had to be there and not at Lavernock Point either as that's another story which I won't go into...certainly raised my eyebrows!

Anyway, the interesting part is just how well these runs build baseline endurance as my HR was never above 97 bpm for the whole of yesterday's marathon.

All good news for the weekend's San Sebastian Marathon...I hope!

Coleman Coaching - The UK's Premier ULTRA-marathon Coaches - www.colemancoaching.co.uk
Location:Pembroke Road,Cardiff,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment