Saturday 23 November 2013

Y Viva España - Sylvia


Well what a welcome Spain had for us in Santander and we were treated like a Royal Couple by the athletes at the Marisma Fitness Centre.

I did wonder, before my talk, how it would go as I know only a couple if words if Spanish and my audience only a few English but luckily translator Liz was there to smooth out my delivery and convey the humour. I'm now classing myself as an international speaker!

An easy job it was too as the 100 or so athletes who came were just an absorbing and friendly bunch of people... Enthusiastic and very eager for knowing more about marathons and ultras. It was amazing that after my talk and with a few drinks we didn't really need any help conveying our stories to one another. They also made sure we came to their weekly club breakfast of Champagne, cake and omelette too.

Heartwarming stuff indeed and we as a nation could learn lots from these folk I believe...

Let's hope we get the same support around San Sebastián tomorrow and thanks to Aurora Gonzalez for making this trip happen for us.

More post Siesta :-)
Coleman Coaching - The UK's Premier ULTRA-marathon Coaches - www.colemancoaching.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment