Wednesday 27 November 2013

Jet - Paul McCartney and Wings


'We'll go for a ride in the sky' - Paul and Linda McCartney

I've had a fascinating Marathon des Sables Training Day with a young RAF Fighter Pilot of just 26 today! It was just amazing how he's been trained and coached over the last eight years to become a multi-tasking pilot flying £200 million of ground-breaking flying technology.

It sounded like he was a cross between a F1 Driver/XBox Genius/Chess Player all rolled into one. What a cool job it sounded too.

Makes my training days most entertaining for me I can tell you...and our 26.2 miles just whizzed by. Quite handy when my legs are still feeling the pace of the San Sebastian Marathon.

We had a good day out though and I'm now looking forward to another one on Friday and Sunday as well as a couple of miles in the sand with Per Hedburg tomorrow.

It's all systems go right now and more tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment