Tuesday 19 November 2013

Welcome to the Machine - The Pink Floyd

'What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream' - Waters

When 'they' say all you need to go running is a pair of trainers, well 'they' are lying...judging by our standards anyway as we are off Marathon Running in sunnier climbs this weekend and I don't think Ryanair's Total Passenger Baggage allowance for the whole plane will probably be enough for Jenny and my baggage needs.

What with a couple of pairs of trainers (at least), laptop (I'm speaking on Friday to a group of Spanish athlete's), powders, gels, clothes, watches, suncream (hopefully) & compression etc. it's not such an easy task to Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS).

For two lightweight MdS Runners, we certainly pack it in for a road marathon. 50kgs just isn't enough...

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to the marathon as it's our last gasp of catching some sun this year and it's my last chance of using up the last of my stored endurance from the 28 in 28 in October. Don't expect Pb's from me but hey who cares after my 2013.

More tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. Hope its a little warmer for you than our dunes session today, although it couldn't be any sunnier! Thanks for a great session today, i'll try to keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete