Thursday 12 February 2015

Boy - U2

Lyric:- A Boy tries hard to be a Man - From I Will Follow

Song Choice:- Ok, I've cheated a bit here today and chosen a track from an album but hey today's a good day to bend the rules, I think.

Yes as Baby Jack comes into the world and the Coleman Four become the Coleman Five, it's interesting to think on about the life of someone whose Birth Day is today.

He could easily see the year 2115 if not potentially 2155 if life expectancy hits 140 years as medical knowledge continues to develop. And on Jack's first day in the world, all we know is that he's male, healthy and could play for Wales at Rugby as he is a true Welshman being born in Caerdydd - which can't be a bad thing,

We don't know if he'll Swim, Bike, Run or Ultra yet...that's the beauty of when you start out on a journey. Life is really all ahead of you.

It makes me wonder what I would do if I went back in time to 1962 and had my time over again. What would I change? What would I keep? What a choice that would be eh?

Then again it doesn't matter as today was another Birth Day for me and tomorrow is another. So really Jack and I have a huge thing in common , apart from a mere 53 years or so, in that our whole lives are ahead of us. Which is exciting for both of us and means it could be for you too.

Happy Birth Day for tomorrow - I hope you get what you asked for. If you didn't, then it's your own fault.

Rory Coleman - 887 Marathons - 231 Ultras
11 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment