Saturday 14 February 2015

Steam - Sir Peter of Gabriel

Lyric:- Get a life, with the Dreamer's Dream - Gabriel

Song Choice:- Ok I've been rather busy but Sir Peter of Gabriel hit the ripe old age of 65 yesterday which needs celebrating in my opinion...So Steam seemed a fitting song to mark his present of a free bus pass into old age. The lyrics are apt too as they are about being fired up enough to know what makes us tick and what we want out of other people and our world.

Getting the most out of our world? What the heck is that all about you might ask and it makes it sound quite an onerous task doesn't it. I do feel pretty confident though that I've managed to build up a good head of steam over the last 21 years. However I'm not sure that the same applies to most folk. My sample section is taken from five days spent in a maternity hospital watching new lives come into the world from some very luke warm beginnings,

Allright, I'm a bit of an old lag at parenthood and done my fair share of the darker side of life but I did raise my eyes heavenwards far many times to remember at the lack of basic life knowledge and common sense that some folk seem to have missed out on. I now see why it's called the Jeremy Kyle Generation!

Calling ones child after Harry from 1D isn't the best of name rationale nor is the constant wave of Ante and Post Natal Mothers legging it and out determined to get a couple of fags down them in between contractions. 

It's been a bit of an eye-opener. I do feel very lucky to live life at a mere 100 degrees C - Can you feel the heat?

Rory Coleman - 887 Marathons - 231 Ultras
11 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment