Wednesday 18 February 2015

Epic - Faith No More

Lyric:- It's magic, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win, It's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain. It's sad it happened and it's a shame, you want it all but you can't have it. It's in your face but you can't grab it - Gould et Al

Song Choice:- I used to really enjoy listening to FNM back in the 90's well before my running days started and I thought it would be a good chance to revisit their 'Real Thing' album on today's run.

So in a state of remembrance I decided to run a 10km at my 1996 3.24.21 marathon PB speed, roughly 7 mins 50 secs/mile. All I can say is 'My God' how on earth did I ever do that for a further 36kms I'll never know. Then again I was nearly 20 years younger and I must have been at my optimum fitness back then.

Today's recreation was predominately downhill and although it had quite a few road crossings I did have to work really hard to keep my sub 8 pace all the way, I can only say I felt totally buggered at the finish and that my smoker's cough of the said 90's returned for a good hour post run. Luckily I ran to my own front door so it wasn't too far to stagger to a well earned sit down and a few thought gathering moments.

Ok, it was tough but it proved to be quite an inspirational run as I think I can expand on the distance and work away at my speed, especially post MdS and have a bit of a crack at getting back near that old PB.

Time will tell eh?

More tomorrow when my legs feel less bandy...


No comments:

Post a Comment