Friday 16 June 2017

Shine on you Crazy Diamond (Parts I to V) - The Pink Floyd


Lyrics:- 'Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun'.

Song Choice:- Probably one of The Pink Floyd's better known tracks and one of my all time favourites. I've listened to it thousands of times on Cassette, Vinyl, CD & MP3 and over the years in ever-increasing levels of musical clarity - Back in the 70's, who'd have thought that music would ever sound so good, it's amazing how good this 'Re-Mastered Version' sounds. No hiss, no wow-and-flutter and no skipping - it's pure magic...

It's really important to me too as the track is a tribute to the band's former member Syd Barrett and the 'Shine On' early concept was performed on their 1974 French tour and then finally recorded for the 1975 concept album 'Wish You Were Here'.

Lyrics:- 'You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon'.

I'm sure we all know our own versions of 'Syd' - You know, the people that we grew up with that burned really bright but sadly burned out well before their 'Sell by date'. I'll freely admit that I've 'Reached out', 'Tried too hard' and been 'Out of Control' along my path to today - but I've have always been able to pull out of the 'Personal Nose-Dive' just before hitting the ground - I'm a very lucky man...

You see, I'm adaptable to change and 'a Raver, and a Seer of Visions' - Plus I'm still 'Shining' - are you?

Rory Coleman - 994 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,563 Days' Alcohol Free - 412 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment