Thursday 1 June 2017

Independence Day - The Comsat Angels

Take a Listen Here
Lyrics:- 'But I can't stand up, and I can't sit down, cause a great big problem stopped me in my tracks'.

Song Choice:- A great song that I bet you've never heard. I was lucky enough to see 'The Comsat Angels' a couple of times in 1981/2 and at the time thought they were destined for stardom as they were a bit like Simple Minds. Sadly, they never quite made it but 'Independence Day' has stuck with me all these years on especially as the lyrics say exactly how I felt back then, and how I've felt sometimes along the way since.

I mean have you ever been in a situation where you don't know what to do? - You know that 'Sliding Doors' moment where you are damned if you do and damned if you don't? If you have, you'll know just how tough that predicament can be, especially if you've been literally stopped dead in your tracks by someone or something. I know exactly how it feels as I've been there myself a few times...

The thing is, at the time, it makes you indecisive and that's the killer blow for me as I see I the world in Black and White without a 'Shade of Grey' (let alone 50 of them!) and it's most unsettling.

The lyrics continue - 'I can't relax ‘cause I haven't done a thing, and I can't do a thing cause I can't relax'...

Yikes, they speak volumes... 

My saving grace was my thought process in thinking that whatever decision I made at the time would make it a 'Time of Revolution' in my life. And it's those 'Revolutions' that have  turned the 'Cogs of Destiny' I've found. 

Is it a 'Time of Revolution' for you and do you need a day of 'Independence' right now?

Rory Coleman - 991 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,548 Days' Alcohol Free - 397 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment