Wednesday 28 June 2017

Short and Sweet - David Gilmour

Lyrics:- 'Building a Vision New' - Gilmour & Harper

Song Choice:- This is one of my favourite 'Gilmour' tracks and I bought it on release back in 1978. I had the 'Promotional Poster' on my wall from WHSmith's Record Shop in Stratford-upon-Avon for years as a sign of being a 'True Fan' and nearly 40 years on, I still am.

I love the 'Short and Sweetness' of the song and what it stands for.

You see, today has been one of those 'Short and Sweet' days as we started our #Average2Awesome Programme with Stepnell Ltd - a Building and Construction company, in Rugby. The 'Short and Sweet' bit comes to mind from the time we get to spend with each of the individuals where following our introductory workshop, the candidates give us their 'Elevator Pitches' into why they should be included in the Programme.

It's amazing what we learn and what's shared in such a 'Short and often Sweet' conversation  with relative strangers. Cutting to the Chase is SO refreshing and I always come away feeling very privileged to be invited into someone else's world.

I just know they are going to be a great group to work with and I'll keep you posted on their progress.

The Lyric - 'Building a Vision New' seemed most apt today as that's what A2A is all about I believe...

Amen

Rory Coleman - 995 Marathons - 244 Ultras - 14 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8,575 Days' Alcohol Free - 424 Days' post GBS
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location:- Cardiff, Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment