Wednesday 5 June 2013

Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac


'Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow, Don't stop, it'll soon be here, It'll be, better than before, Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone' - Christine McVie

Well, well, well what a day it's been more for young James Link-Patarou who ran 25 miles today, 20 more than he'd ever run in one go...EVER! It's remarkable just what can be achieved when you put mind over matter. Luckily I had a relatively fit young man with a good strong positive mindset and he had me to do the thinking and strategy of how to cover 25 miles with only 5 miles of running range in the bank.

My thoughts before James turned up for one of my MdS Days were that it would be good for him to see just what he was in for in just 302 days in Morocco as yes he's doing MdS next April. With only a 5 mile running range I thought it best for him to run for 1/2 mile every 2 miles of walking at 4mph. 

And it worked a treat! He was still able to run the last 1/2 mile and finished in a good state with just a couple of small blisters.

Amazing - and he'll be fine in MdS and I'll keep you posted on his progress over the next 301 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment