Tuesday 25 June 2013

Epitaph - King Crimson


'Knowledge is a deadly friend, when no one sets the rules' - McDonald, Sinfield, Lake, Giles & Fripp

It feels only right that I bang on today about commitment to the task in mind, and also about not under-estimating the amount of time, energy and expense needed to make it through the extremes that we pit ourselves against.

To take on The Marathon des Sables from a standing start just 40 weeks away from the start line not only takes courage but UTTER COMMITMENT in my book. If it's taking you an age in June to walk/run 26+ miles now and you are in the last 10 of any race... you have your work cut out between now and next April.  My advice would be to defer if you can't commit yourself to what you've signed up for.

I'm already training for MdS'14 and I've done it 10 times before - that's because I know what's in store for me and I have a busy year ahead of me outside of running to accommodate too. If you aren't yet raising your game, YOU NEED TO. Take my word for it and believe me when I tell you it was bloody tough this year, I looking for an improvement on my 403rd place. Yes 40% in the field isn't bad but it IS in my book.

Power Hour done today and speedy 5km tomorrow - how's your commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment