Thursday 27 June 2013

Reeling in the Years - Steely Dan

Passing Bridget Jones Parents' Cottage
'Your everlasting summer, you can see it fading fast' - Becker & Fagan

Seems only yesterday that I was out there running around 100 miles of the Cotswolds myself. The 23rd of May 1997 isn't a day you'll probably remember yet it's one of that forms part of my whole modern being. It's one of the building blocks of my personal foundations and it's part of the backbone of my ULTRA-skeleton.

Yep...you got it, it's very important to me.

I drove the whole route today ahead of tomorrow's race and 16 years on, it was still fresh in my mind and I can still remember how I felt as I ran my way around 103 miles in less than a day (the course was longer then btw).

Hopefully, the runners will get the same buzz out of running tomorrow's ULTRArace.100 as I have over all these years... I wonder? 

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment