Thursday 13 June 2013

Gold - Spandau Ballet


'You've got the power to know your indestructible' - Gary Kemp

I did my hill session with MdS2014 runner Nathan Williams at 10am this morning in the pouring rain of a Cardiff morning. It's a good job that I'd prearranged this with him as I'd never have gone of my own accord as regular blog-readers will know by now that 'I don't do rain'.

The thought of running up and down Leckwith Hill 8 times didn't fill me with too much inspiration I can tell you.

The funny thing is that if you plan a session with other people of a similar ability with a similar goal who have to endure the same discomforts that you have to endure - it loses its negativity and becomes fun.

'I really enjoyed the session' - there I said it. I'd never have thought that at 9.59am but it was awesome and it really got me racing. I believe Nathan did too and his last climb blew me away, literally.

I'm going to do it again next week come rain or shine as I beleive the benefits are amazing both in body and mind. Is something stopping you do your hardest sessions?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment