Monday 3 June 2013

Take me to the River - Talking Heads

The Pier BEFORE Renovation
'Take me to the river, drop me in the water' - Al L GREEN, HODGES & MABON

I must say that my quads were feeling it this morning as I came down the stairs... they always do the day after, the day after if I've been pushing my pace in a marathon or ultra.


Luckily I live right by the sea and I took time out today to soak my tired old legs in the Severn Estuary for a good 20 minutes. Even on a lovely hot day in June it still froze them nicely and the DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) instantly relieved. They now feel 99% recovered... it really is amazing just how much it helps to get in that salty brown water!


I'm going to have another day off as I've got a heavy running workload with clients later this week so I might go to Penarth again later as well as tomorrow.


What do you do to recover?

No comments:

Post a Comment