Wednesday 31 July 2013

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

'You used to say that it was so easy but you're trying, you're trying now' - Gerry Rafferty

Well this makes interesting reading as between the two sets of hill reps there's 60 miles of running with wonderfully clean Alpine Low-Oxygen Air been going into them old lungs of mine.

The results show a marked increase in consistency and recovery as I'm over 6 minutes less coming down the 8 reps than before. I also found the climbs a lot more lung friendly and didn't get the terrible panicky feeling that I've previously experienced, and hated. 


How much the improvements are from the training effect of the 60 miles, hill climbing or placebo of knowing I should be quicker than before... well who knows. What I do know is that I felt a whole lot better at the end and blown away by the effects of having a whole lot more red blood cells to me out.


Let's hope I can keep hold of them for a few days longer eh?


More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment