Monday 15 July 2013

Time - The Pink Floyd


'You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today,
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun'. 

Gilmour, Mason, Waters & Wright

On a baking hot weekend in very similar to that of 13th July 1985 for the Live-Aid concert (yes 28 years ago) I found myself running my 776th and 777th Marathon at #racetothestones. If you'd have told me that back in '85, I would never have believed you, as life has changed so much for me since those dark days.

The weekend's event, a double 50km trail-run on the Ridgeway Trail was truly awesome both in adventure and in organisation  Everything you needed for support was laid on - great food, camping, showers and lots of similar minded folk. What more could you want?

On top of that, my 8th place overall was a great reward for weeks of hard training and sensible running approach in the hot and humid conditions that most of the 200 runners in my race struggled with.

It's made me realise just how much I enjoy running on the trails and that if I run at my full potential, I can get achieve good results...living with Super Jenny is making me very competitive... Hopefully I was the first over 50 to finish.

I'm going to build on this and UTMB seems a bit nearer and clearer for me to conquer.

More tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment