Thursday 2 July 2015

Digging in the Dirt - Peter Gabriel

Lyric:- Something in me, dark and sticky, all the time it's getting strong - Gabriel & Ibsen

Song Choice:- As we continue deeper in Gabriel's US album, we find the brilliant 'Digging in the Dirt'. There's a brilliant video which accompanies the song which if you haven’t seen, I suggest you do here.

Anyway, after a week in Madeira, I'm back in Cardiff and I now have time to reflect on a very positive journey to a very special part of the world. A place I'd never previously experienced or explored and one now that I've merely discovered less than 1% of its magic and majesty as there's so much to drink in on this incredible island. Funnily enough there's no 'Digging in the Dirt' out there as there's not a huge amount of soil as it's a volcanic island but metaphorically speaking you can go there and go 'Digging I your own Dirt' and do some self-discovery and investigations on YOURSELF instead of others.

It's amazing to me just how much folk will dig into EVERYONE ELSE'S dirt and use social media to troll people in a kind of 'Gang Trolling Warfare'. If you are Mo Farah or Julia Buckley this week and are innocent or guilty or not of whatever folk think, you'll know where I'm coming from. Faceless people have so much opinion on Facelessbook...

In Gabriel's words, 'The more I look, the more I find'. Yes, about yourself and it's a question of being able to stand tall and be who you are, know that what you stand for is true and what you've done is honest, to YOU. I will continue to endeavour to live up to my own expectations. Madeira gets you thinking like that...If you haven't been there, you might want to. 

The 'Madeira Island Ultra Trail' MIUT might well be a good way of doing just that.

Now there's a challenge...

1 comment: