Monday 6 July 2015

Secret World - Peter Gabriel

Lyric:- 'Oh the wheel is turning spinning round and round' - Gabriel

Song Choice:- Well it's already the Track 10 and the last Blog from the 'US' album and time for my favourite Gabriel Song. It's one of you ever get to see him live, provides everything a song could ever want to deliver IMO. It's a love song, it has great lyrics, cool breakdown and brillaint bass playing PLUS his lord and master Sir Peter of Gabriel's unmistakable voice (can you tell I love it?).

Anyway, don't take my word, have a look here. It's just the best song, I've ever heard...Sledgehammer ain't in the same street! BTW this blog entry is taking ages as I keep going back to watch the above video...

The 'Wheel is Turning' lyric really rings true for me as I so often watch the wheel turning on my iPhone, iPad or Laptop as I get 'Bufferface' watching the virtual world up there in hyperspace catches up with mine or so it seems as actually I spend my whole life catching up with the present. Technology of the 21st Century has made this a whole lot harder it feels. It's immediate. It's quick. It's NOW!

From the outside our worlds look calm and collected, mine included but then underneath as Gabriel so rightly says, there is another 'Secret World'. A place where we can be on ourselves, a private peaceful place for reflection. Where there's no guilt and no shame, no sorrow or blame.

We spend a lot of our days, pleasing other people and trying to do the right thing and forget to have time on our own, in our Secret World's

My 'Secret World' is a pretty cool place, is yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment