Friday 3 July 2015

Fourteen Black Paintings - Peter Gabriel

Lyric:- 'From the pain come the dream' - Gabriel

One of the lesser known songs but one with very powerful lyrics and wonderful floor rattling bass.

I think Gabriel's right in that dreams come from pain. That's a good pain though in my book as real pain is the body's way of telling you that you need to 'Stop'. As much more of a 'Go' kinda guy, pain has become more of a manageable friend or pleasurable sensation.

Now, I'm not some kind of masochist, I just know that the pain won't last for ever and that the dream is well worth the effort and any current discomfort.

I believe it's far too easy to give into the 'Pain Demons' in my experience - Are you a Pain Quitter?

If the answers Yes, maybe you don't want your dream enough.

Rory Coleman - 910 Marathons - 233 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment