Monday 27 July 2015

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

Lyric:- Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink, and times when you're all alone all you do is think - Bon Jovi & Sambora

Song Choice:- Well if we are in the 80's (86 to be exact) for a while a bit of Bon Jovi won't go amiss. I did see them live in '92 and mighty fine they were too, especially lead guitarist Sambora – he was the star of the show as I remember. Forget the grainy pimped-up-ness of the video and enjoy the solo – it’s ace. It must have been a fashion as Gun’s and Roses Sweet child is just as Black-and-Whitey-Grainy.

Anyway, I like the ‘I’m a Cowboy’ lyric as it has that sense of freedom and adventure that only being in the middle ‘Wild West’ of America could possibly bring. U2’s Joshua Tree album has the same feel and maybe it’s the desert in me that connects with both artists. This hit my headphones mid-hour on yet another treadmill outing. My aim is to keep my heart-rate under 110bpm and build up my base level of endurance as much as I can for the rest of this year. It ain’t fast but I’m feeling the love -

Just like my Guys at #bigmoose and #GoCompare, I’m working on getting lean, mean and F****** Awesome - smashing the kilos is working right now and a couple of 42.2kms will help that no end.

My focus now is to be that Cowboy, feeling free and alive and enjoying life and what it brings.

Are you a Cowboy?

No comments:

Post a Comment