Tuesday 28 July 2015

When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin

The green bits are Levee's
Lyric:- Cryin' won't help you, Prayin' won't do you no good - Plant

Song Choice:- Only because it was playing in the gym as I put Gary Wyn Owen through his paces and I want it to be an anthem for his journey of fitness we started together today. Oh ok...and as it's a bloody good song too...


Anyway, not saying that the cryin' reference was for Gary at all, he's actually a lovely guy and was in fact a total joy to train...He got my way wavelength of thinking before we'd even started. 

It was the lyrics in Gary's Anthem that I've always loved the most, especially when I've been in the later stages or dark hours of an especially long race....My thoughts are that no matter how much crying and bitching I'm capable of, it's always down to me how I get on and how I succeed at something. 'Toughening up Buttercup' is a good undercurrent but actually it's all down to me...no one else.

I'm sure Gary will succeed in his quest for fitness - but he's going to do it, not me and that's important. I'm just a catalyst to make it happen.

More tomorrow from Merthyr Mawr and my bigmoose guys post Mounting Coleman...Oh er!

No comments:

Post a Comment