Monday 23 November 2015

Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay


Lyrics:- Everything you want’s a dream away and we are legends every day that’s what she told me turn your magic on - Martin
Song Choice:- Just when I though Coldplay couldn't get any better, they pull this one out of the bag. It's also a perfect accompaniment to my mood right now as our #Average2Awesome Programme goes from strength to strength with our candidates at Smeg UK, and my recent thoughts of life and it's expectations are all rolled into one simple song.

Talking of simple, what a simple world it would be too, if we could get everyone to realise their dreams and realise they are their own true legend. You can tell folk over and over and they’ll say they believe you and then in the next moment, they doubt all it all over again. I was asked today if I’m always as confident as I portray but like most confident looking people, I’m not or rather I wasn’t and its a learned behaviour that can help us bounce the bad things away and take the nerves out of situations that might otherwise scare the **** out of us.


I see this all the time with my clients I also have a second sense that when they say they are really happy and totally at one with life, arm actually they’re not. I’m not sure why they cover this part up and yet talk themselves down on others. We are taught not to be vain, try to win races on school sports days and show off our successes to the world. We all know who those 'Facebook' self-acclaimed heroes are, (me included and I’ll own up to that one) that make us cringe as they blow their own trumpets.


Funnily enough it's not like that so much in the States and they are more likely to congratulate folk who succeed so that in turn they appear to be associated with them in some way rather than as genuine true friends - take a look at your own pages and you'll see what I mean.


So here are my tips for the day. Be everything you were wanted to be. Do it now before it’s too late. Tell the world when it happens. When someone says 'Well done' and 'Your Amazing' and you know they mean it, say 'Thanks' and don't question it.

'Everything's a Dream Away'...that's the lyric and all you need to do is turn on your own 'Magic’.


Be Awesome Folks and Believe it, because probably you are.



More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment