Thursday 26 November 2015

Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay

Lyric:- 'Turn your magic on' - Martin

Song Choice:- I'm still loving this song and the first line is such a springboard for anyone wanting to move from their current A to new B.

This weekend I'm going to meet hundreds of such folk at this year's Marathon des Sables Expo in London. With just 134 days to go to next year's race, I'm more than surprised that folk that have still yet to cover 20 miles in one go have still not turned their 'Magic On'.

I had five years, thousands of miles and hundreds of marathons under my belt before I took on the 'World's Toughest Footrace' and found out that it's f*****g tough and if last week's TV show is correct, three people have died at the race, that would scare the s**t out of me if I'd done nothing so far (I think it's one actually)...

Ok, I will fast track over 100 people to get the medal again this year and I do hope they get some inspiration from my talks at the Expo and they go away and turn their 'Magic On'...

Please otherwise it's going to be a miserable long walk in the sand with some very hurt feet. Let's hope it's the shakeup that some of them need.

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 946 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.


Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment