Wednesday 11 November 2015

Dogs - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'That everyone's expendable' - Waters

Song Choice:- Well it's about time I did a few Pink Floyd blogs. The corrosive nature of Waters lyrics suits my thinking sometimes and etches through the layers that folk allow their life to be buried under.

Baring life's bare metal allows us the chance to rebuild our inner strength and add a fresh coat of paint for us to show the outside world that everything is perfect in our perfect little worlds.

Or is it?

It's funny but I meet a lot of folk who say one thing and do something completely different. Or here's something to consider, how many so called 'friends' that come to dine or stay are really that? Many? Any?

Do you just think the whole time, when are you going home?

I bet you do...as 'Everyone is Expendable', family exempt of course. I remember my children as youngsters battling it out in hand-to-hand combat and eventually resorting to a family charter where we agreed to get on at home and protect each other from the outside world.

Thank God it worked otherwise Sons #1&2 would not have survived their WWF teenage years!

Anyway, back to being 'Expendable' and maybe if you are a regular reader or know me as well as I let you, you'll understand where I'm coming from and before my Mother asks me has someone 'pissed me off', no they haven't. I just understand folks needs and I'm looking after number one, just as much as the next person.

On a Desert Island, you don't need much or anyone really - you just need to be comfortable with the person whom inhabits your head.

Finding others is a Life-Long-Lottery and you might find that they but more likely you are 'Expendable'.

What are you 'Expending' a lot of energy on for no return?

Rory Coleman - 943 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment