Lyric:- 'Shine On, Shine the Light on me' - Birchall & Kerr
Song Choice:- An easy choice when I started to think about awards and rewards...I must have a good memory as it was back 1982 when this baby hit #16 in the UK Charts.
Anyway, I'll carry on about Awards and Rewards...
Ok there are the big ones that crop up each year like the Oscars and BBC Sports Personality...and then there are the ones where folk just beg all their FaceBook friends to vote for them and yep, I'm just as guilty as the next person of that one.
So the above Awards and Rewards actually mean nothing...
However, here's a thought for you. How about having your OWN Oscars and Sports Personality awards. The ones you can achieve and strive for.
They could be:-
* Best Director - Where you've shown the way to others
* Best Screenplay - Where you've written your future down and played it out
* Best Supporting Act - Where you've supported others beyond the call of duty
* Best Sporting Performance - A new PB perhaps
* Best Team - Where you've worked best as a Team-Player.
I could go cheerily on but this post is just mean't to plant a notion about being your 'Best' and to be proud to stand in your own spotlight for once.
Being Average isn't Awesome - What award are you going for?
964 Marathons - 240 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records