Wednesday 10 February 2016

The Big Money - Rush

Lyric:- 'Big money got a mean streak, Big money got no soul' - Peart

Song Choice - 'Every man has his price', well that's how the saying goes...but just what is that price? How do we come up with the magical fee that balances out the deed we find so distasteful.

Woody Harrelson found out the hard way in the movie 'Indecent Proposal', and I'm not asking how much it would take to do the same with a frisky Anne Widdecombe*, but moreso where does the point of 'Cash Happiness' fit in your world.

Is Enough, ever Enough? 
Is it The Big Money that you are after?
Would you ever get over Anne*

Anyway, I'm being asked what happens after my 1000th Marathon - and will I give up. Well, the answer is, I don't really know yet as the 1000th Marathon isn't my 'Big Money' Reward. I think what I'm doing is...what I'm finding is:-

Life's the Big Money and it's priceless 
I can't be bought
And no amount of money would change my core values.

And that makes me feel bloody awesome today as I could have been bought 22 years ago.

What's your Price?

*Other celebrities are available 

Rory Coleman - 962 Marathons - 240 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8071 Days' Alcohol Free.

Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment