Tuesday 2 February 2016

Life is a Minestrone - 10cc

Lyric:- 'And the flush of success, relieves a constipated mind' - Creme & Stewart

Song Choice:- I'm not that much of a 10cc fan if I'm being honest as they were a bit of a girls' group back in the day...However I was a fan of a couple of their songs including 'Art for Art's Sake' and the amazing, 'I'm not in love'...what a smoocher that was, and still is!

Anyway, it's the life is a 'Minestrone' bit that I'm interested in for my blog today and it seems crystal clear to me that we sometimes live life more in a 'Minestrone Soup' rather than the beautiful deep blue ocean that we often crave. Yes sometimes we manage to get the mix of life to settle down so we can see where we are going, but not for long as before you know it, it's   stirred up once again.

I believe that I'm used to the emotional rollercoaster that life delivers but it's amazing to me just how much folk live in depression, exhaustion and denial without asking for any help...

Help is at Hand - it's there and it's real. All you have to do is ask for it, I've found. It took me ages to pluck up the courage and get over the embarrassment of doing so, but it was a lifesaver for me and I think every day about just how lucky I was and still am to have recognised that.

In fact anyone looking in on your lot can suggest some simple improvements, whether you want to accept them is another thing.

If you do take the improvements on board, that first flush of success comes very quickly and instead of life being a cold lasagne that's constipating your mind...the 'Minestrone Soup' thins and clears far more often than you'd ever think.

What's your Soup of the Day?

Also, my blog is up for the National Adventure Awards, so please vote for me here

Rory Coleman - 961 Marathons - 239 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8063 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment