Thursday 25 February 2016

Get the Message - Electronic

Lyric:- 'I live and breathe' - Sumner & Marr

Song Choice:- Well there's just something magical about anything that Johnny Marr ever created and this is one of his best in my opinion even if it is from the far off galaxies of 1989.

It's a mighty fine song and I love the 'Get the Message' lyric of course as I spend my life broadcasting messages out-to-one-and-all about the simplicities of life and how to get the most of out of it.

I know that I twist the last remaining droplets out of each of my days like its a rare wine vintage that simply can't be wasted. I wonder if you see yours that way or whether you are saving it and bottling it away for the future when you hope it will be a far greater vintage, full bodied that you can savour like the warm long gone summer days that created it.Yikes, it's risky as those days might never come...

And it's not like me to witter on about wine as I simply never got the 'This old-vine Bordeaux exhibits a mature, multi-layered nose of delicate, spicy fruits, velvety smooth on the palate, with rounded, mature tannins and an exceptionally long finish' garbage - I mean WTF are Laithwaites on about with this bottle of plonk description? I'm not sure if I've ever experienced the 'Long Finish' though...can you do that after a bottle of wine?

Anyway the 'Wine Analogy' works well here as life is multi-layered, delicate, spicy and can be velvety smooth but it gives you headaches and you can't ever bottle it...as it has to breathe to live. Ahhh now that's rich...

Question...Are you bottling it up? I'm meeting a lot of folk at the moment whom need a bit of uncorking if I'm being honest and when they take that first breath of the clean air with me that they've been starved of of so long, their world just goes 'pop'.It's totally priceless and a moment well worth drinking in.

I've got my bottle opener and it's here waiting for you to come and use it...

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman
965 Marathons - 240 Marathons - 12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
8086 Days without any Drain-Cleaner from Laithwaites...

No comments:

Post a Comment