Wednesday 3 December 2014

Digging in the Dirt - Peter Gabriel



Lyric:- 'Don't turn around' - Gabriel




Song Choice:- In my last blog-homage to PG, I've gotta choose 'Digging in the Dirt' as it's just rattled our double glazing in it's frame and the keyboard breakdown section at 2:10 is just one of my favourites of all time. The stick bass is totally sub-sonically awesome too...as are the lyrics.





I love the idea of not turning around as you've gone to far. Sometimes it's too easy not to see things thru and argue ones way out of completion. The comfort blanket of taking the easy way out and its always best to achieve what you set out to do as long as it was achievable in the first place.





It came to mind this morning when I was explaining to one of my clients that it's best to train gradually towards a goal rather than go at it hammer and tong for a short while and crash land well before the landing strip, rather than come in on a gradual descent and land on time and in one piece or not to enough and miss it altogether. (I love this analogy and admit to using it a lot but hey it's a good illustration).





Seen lots of scenarios 1 & 3 and not so many 2's if I'm honest...





Anyway, the more you look, the more you'll find according to PG and RC in this case and whatever you do, don't turn around.





More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment