Friday 19 December 2014

The Stairs - INXS

Lyric:- Steal away our Destiny - Fariss & Hutchence

Song Choice:- One of my favourite songs from one of my favourite bands ever. I could have put the all the lyrics here and believe they convey my thoughts and feelings after such a long week on the road.

They also sum up the 111 days sobriety of my client 'Elizabeth' (not her real name of course) whom I ran with today whose 'Nature of her Tragedy has been a chain around her neck' (adapted lyrics) but has now seen the light and is a New Person, alive with Life and living booze free.

I've written a lot this week about being second rate, second best and giving up. Three states of mind that just don't have to be like that in a person and with hard work and effort can be eroded from one's life all together.

'Nothing is more corrosive especially, to you, from those whom surround you.

As we head into the holidays and seeing distant relations etc. there will be many opportunities to have your bubbles burst and your energy sapped.

Please try and deflect their Kryptonite and take a leaf out of Elizabeth's Book and don't let them steal away your destiny.

Your destiny is yours, use it wisely and do what YOU want to do, not what folk think you ought to :-)

Coleman Coaching - The UK's Leaders in Inspirational Coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment