Monday 29 June 2015

Only Us - Peter Gabriel

Lyric:- Seduced by the noise and the bright things that glisten - Gabriel

Song Choice:- A much lesser know n PG offering but the lyrics fit s treat on the day I fell in love with Madeira.

It's been a four day seduction but this island is simply a wonder and one you need to see yourself if you haven't already. It's a really positive seduction too...

I say this as one of my clients text me today who is struggling right now asking me how can they be satisfied with what they have and not get tempted into a sea of temptation and addiction, especially as like me they have struggled/struggling with alcoholism.

It's a tough one to answer but possibly it stems from a need to take action on aspects of our lives, relationships, money, jobs, etc and instead of facing up to failure looking for a diversion or emotional crutch to support our internal Jenga-like lives.

Sometimes pushing the life reset button and facing up to our demons and life-baggage we've created can move massive emotional mountains. I hope this happens as 61 days dry is a great achievement and needs starting over again today. I'm 7000 days in and still need a good kick now and again to keep me straight.

If you can you'll find a way home from the great escape as Gabriel sings. If you are luckier you'll come and run in Madeira - it's the ultimate high!

More tomorrow :-)

Rory Coleman - 910 Marathons - 233 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

Location:Machico,Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment