Sunday 2 October 2016

Celebration - Kool & the Gang

Lyrics:- A dedication to last throughout the years'.

Song Choice:- A fantastic Disco classic from 1980 and a song you can't fail to sing along or dance to, especially if you are celebrating like I am tonight.


It's been a great day, you see, and in a weekend of sport, filled with negative boxing and football stories, with much acclaimed Coaches, along with their medal winning athletes being accused of all manner of skulduggery; it's brilliant that Lady C and I could join 17,098 people and make our own sporting news in Cardiff today.

You see there's nothing better than DIY Sport.

Don't even get me going about to day's armchair viewing of the Ryder Cup (yawn) or Malaysian Grand Prix (even bigger yawn), as they are so dull...they make me drop off on the settee... 

No we did sport ourselves at the Cardiff Half, and well that wasn't dull at all. We were lucky to run in the same race as some of the world's most elite athletes, be featured on BBCTV Wales and run our hearts out. Well I did anyway. Lady C provided support for me the whole of the way and made sure I didn't overcook my exuberance in the last few miles when I calculated a sub-3 time was on the cards. Beforehand, I'd worked on a more leisurely sub-4 time with the possibility of beating my marathon PB of 3:24. 

The 2:53 we finally clocked topped off a great run, and yes we RAN all the way, overtaking 1,410 other runners.

Being met at the 1-mile and 5-mile marker by sons Charlie and Jack were also magic moments on a day full of sunshine.

Tell me a spectator sport that can deliver what I experienced in my own home-city today?

Nothing!

Have a go at DIY Sport yourself, it's AWESOME, and you've got nothing to lose...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
Next Marathon - Beachy Head Marathon - 29th October, 2016
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment