Friday, 7 October 2016

Flawless (Phunk Investigation Mix) - The Ones

Lyric:- 'Life Perfection'

Song Choice:- I thought I'd pick really upbeat, uplifting, humdinger of a song for a Friday as I've had such a great week back doing what I do best. Have a listen here and make some shapes.

Yep, it's been a great five days back in the saddle following the Cardiff Half last Sunday but has it been FLAWLESS... absolutely FLAWLESS? Well hell No! For a start, some sleep would have been a real bonus, I'm super-tired. I feel bad saying that as Lady Coleman gets half the amount I do, but somehow, we seem to have produced a child that just doesn't need any sleep at all. If Charlie has an off-button somewhere, please let me know... he's killing us!!!

But then why care, he's growing at a rate of knots and when he smiles at me, well he lights up my world, just like his brothers and sisters, all five of 'em. Are they FLAWLESS? Well hell No! But I don't care, they are my kids and in my eyes, well I forgive and love their quirkiness. In fact no-one I know is. FLAWLESS. I'm a long way off perfection, but again, it doesn't matter and that's where I believe folk get it all wrong.

We're not FLAWLESS, we are about 80% FLAWLESS with the other 20% being very nicely FLAWED. But it's OK. No honestly, it's OK. 

Why beat yourself up? Life is far too short. It's my Mission Statement right now. If you have spoken to me this week, I bet I've said it to you, more than once.

So here's my Message to you...

It's Friday. It's the end of the working week and time to enjoy the weekend. Sure some of it will be brilliant, some of it might not be but get the most out of your 80% and park the rest up. Enjoy the 80% with your loved ones and FORGIVE them their 20% as you expect them to forgive you. 'Cos like me, you are bound to cock something up that will drive the folk you love potty, even though you might be trying very hard to be on your best behaviour.

Take it from me, it won't be perfect.

But then 'Life Perfection' just doesn't exist so forget trying to be FLAWLESS,  just enjoy being YOU for once. 

I'm going to enjoy being ME...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment